Design evening classes are just one way to pursue your future creative career. There are many options for a career in design, from designing and developing web pages to crafting the perfect interior spaces and events. If you're creative, artistic and like working with people, a design career could be a good move. A survey of professionals in all areas of design found that a staggering 96 percent were happy in their jobs. You could have that satisfying creative career too, and evening design classes can help get you there.
The Market for Careers in Design
A career in design could be the key to a happier and more satisfying career. If you’re stuck at a dead end job that doesn’t mean much to you, you’ll be interested to know that occupations in the arts and design are growing. There will be thousands of new positions for qualified graphic designers, web designers, event designers, and other creative professionals in the years to come. That means you can enjoy job security in design, and because designers are skilled workers, you can expect to earn a good income.
The Benefits of Design Evening Classes
For most areas of design, there are no set requirements for the education needed to start working in the field. For instance, while many graphic designers have a bachelor’s degree, a four year degree isn't necessary to get the skills you need. You can enroll in a diploma or certificate program, or start out with design evening classes to get the ball rolling.
There are several benefits to starting with evening classes. One is that it gives you a taste of what it’s like to work in design without committing to a complete one- or two-year program. Evening classes in design also allow you to keep your current day job or meet your family responsibilities while also learning the necessary design skills to get your new career off to a good start. You can also save money up front by trying a class first and putting that credit towards a full program if you decide to get a diploma or certificate.
Launch These Great Careers with Evening Design Classes
There are so many different design evening classes available that you may struggle to choose one to start with. If you aren’t sure what kind of design you might be interested in, you can try a couple of classes to get your feet wet. From graphic design principles to specific design software workshops to art, illustration, and event planning courses, you have choices. Here are some of the careers that those choices can lead to when you get the right education:
- Design Evening Classes to Become a Graphic Designer. Graphic design is a great general path to becoming a creative designer. These professionals do a variety of projects/ jobs for a design firms or part of an in-house design team. In fact, this is a great career to get into if you are interested in freelancing as well. Many graphic designers design layouts, create presentations, draft logos, develop print designs, and do many other projects for companies as freelance contractors.
- Classes for Interior Design. If creating beautiful and functional spaces seems like something you might enjoy, try design evening classes in interior design. As with graphic designers, these professionals may work for design firms or as freelancers. Many specialize, for instance in corporate design, residential design, or even eco-friendly design. You can learn more about the basics of interior design by taking an evening class to decide if this is the career for you.
- Event Design. Event design and planning is one design career growing faster than most others. These designers work on developing the right tone and experience for weddings, corporate events, entertainment festivals, and other events by selecting themes, colors, lighting, and other elements. They work closely with clients and a team that includes event planners to create a setting for an event that will be successful and memorable.
- Become a Web Designer with Design Evening Classes. Also growing rapidly are careers in web design. Take a few evening classes to find out how designers create pleasing websites that meet client requirements and provide users with a great experience. Web design involves using a lot of software to layout and build pages, but basic elements of art and design are also needed to do this job well. It’s a great career if you are interested in mixing design and creativity with technology.
- User Experience (UX) Design UX design is one of the fastest growing and most in-demand careers in design and technology today. There are already thousands of jobs available from employers looking for qualified designers, and those designers can earn close to $100,000 per year. A UX designer is a design professional responsible for making sure users have a positive experience with a product, service, or website. They use creative research, analytics and data, and design skills to create better products and applications. UX designers have a solid background in design but also specialized UX skills.
With evening classes you can get your foot in the door on a design career starting right away. You don’t have to wait until you have the freedom to enroll in school full time. Instead of waiting, get started now. You may find out that this is the right career path for you, or that you want to try something new. Design evening classes can give you the taste you need to make a choice. In the other hand if you already know you want a design career, they will help get you there sooner. Check out the evening design classes available near you.